How to Disappear Completely

For some reason, when I tried to post here yesterday and today, I couldn't get Blogger to recognize me. I've been very lucky in terms of Blogger outages -- when many other people have complained of not being able to post things, I've had not trouble, so I guess it was just my turn.

It was very weird having everything ready and being unable to update the site. Alienating. Made me think of one of my favorite Radiohead songs.

I did manage to post something semi-coherent and odd at The LitBlog Co-op, although experienced very different posting problems there -- not with the technology, but with my own brain and words, as explained in the, I see now, pretty much unnecessary first paragraph of that post.

Meanwhile, I'm disappearing beneath a pile of books sent from all corners of the universe. I've actually gotten so many review copies of things recently that I'm going to farm out a couple of reviews to people who seem like interesting matches for the books. (If you have an idea of somebody you'd like to see review The Fourth Circle by Zoran Zivkovic, let me know. I asked Derik, and he said he read it earlier this year because I had recommended it somewhere else. I've become my own enemy! For the record, and I hope he doesn't mind me saying it, Derik liked parts of the book but not the whole. We actually had a nice chat about it, and are now tossing titles of various sorts back and forth at each other. Me ducking titles as they fly by is a sight that amuses my cat, who is not easily amused.)

Most of my time to write substantive posts has now disappeared for a couple days, but I'll try to at least put up a few links to odd, enticing, or frustrating stuffage...

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders