WisCon Whispers

For some reason, various people think I'm going to be at WisCon, but, alas, I'm not, because it's graduation weekend at the school where I work. I don't know where the rumor started, but I've gotten a bunch of emails over the past month saying, "Hey, so I hear you're going to be at WisCon!" I would love to be at WisCon, because I hear it's one of the most interesting conventions in existence, and lots of people I very much want to meet in person will be there, but it is not to be.

Before today, I was particularly upset not to be at WisCon this year, because the new Rat Bastards chapbook was going to be released, and I've got a story in it. But now I hear it's been delayed at the printer, so while there will be an infestation of Rat Bastards, there will not (last I heard) be any of the new chapbooks. So I'm not quite as upset as I was before. (But I still wish I could go.)

Soon I'm sure you'll be able to order copies of the chapbook from the website, and you should do so, because there are some great writers included: Vandana Singh, Rudi Dornemann, Dean Francis Alfar, James Allison, and Eric Rickstad. And me, because ... well, I'm not sure. Because they asked, and because I sent them a story nobody but a crazy person would want to publish, and because they're crazy people.

For a preview of the cover -- in color! looking like a living room from the '70s! -- check out Dean Alfar's blog (a blog that I should have discovered ages ago, and didn't, and so I will now read it faithfully).

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders