- A great backup program for Macs: SuperDuper
- MacGems, a weblog I'm sure everybody out there who uses a Mac already knows about, but which was a revelation to me.
- Via the above, I discovered pearLyrics, a freeware program that searches for lyrics to songs in iTunes and then adds them to the file. The Dashboard widget is great. (I've never really bothered with the Dashboard in OS X.4 before, but, you know, when you've got a lot of other things to do, it's great!)
- A They Might Be Giants Wiki
- Eric Foner on Rosa Parks
- The Munch Museum now sells a boardgame based on the theft of Munch's "The Scream"
- For and Against Chomsky
26 October 2005
How to Kill Time
Whenever I have a lot to do, I do other things. This, of course, causes stress and anxiety and lateness and all sorts of other maladies, but it also leads to the discovery of things that I might not ever discover. I currently have an entire book to read before a class tomorrow, but am I reading it? No. Instead, I have been looking for fun stuff on the web, because that's why the web is there, isn't it? To provide me with fun stuff. Here, then, is what I have found by doing everything other than what I should be doing: