- Joshua Corey on Terrence Malick's Days of Heaven.
- Charles Bernstein: "Bob Dylan and the Adolescent Sublime".
- Alex Ross on Bob Dylan's new album.
- James Marcus on Bob Dylan, with quotes from Jonathan Lethem's interview with Dylan for Rolling Stone.
- Nick Mamatas's response to this MemeTherapy question is my favorite response to anything I've read there.
- The Life of the Dead.
- Alan DeNiro: "On Writing a Novel Inefficiently" and "World-Building in a Post-Geographic Age".
- Diagram reviews Alan DeNiro.
- How to increase your chances of getting into The Best American Poetry
- The Penultimate Emerald City.
- LeGuin reviews Atwood.
- Dzanc Books.
- Greil Marcus on David Lynch.
- Rick Bowes.
- Should we say something about every story? Should we lead a double life?
- On Symbolism.
- Cocteau's Beauty & the Beast.
- Bud Parr: "On Amateur Book Reviewing".
- Scott Esposito: "Style Over Substance".
- Language Log: "On Prescriptivism".
- National Punctuation Day.
- Web of Language.
- I wrote a long sentence.
- I hope soon to have something to say about Thomas M. Disch's story "Descending" (which John Schoffstall has already written well about), and I may perhaps, if I can think of anything coherent, also have something to say about one of my current obsessions: Okkervil River. Or I might just stare at the walls for a decade.
26 September 2006