Rain Taxi Online

The latest issue of Rain Taxi Online has been posted, and it includes my review of the anthology Transgender Rights, a book anyone interested in matters of gender and sexuality is likely to find interesting and provocative.

The issue is full of good things, including an interview with Raymond Federman and some wonderful letters between poets.

I was particularly taken by the letter from John Yau, a poet whose work fascinates me. The whole letter -- the whole exchange with Anselm Berrigan, really -- is worth reading, but this especially stuck in my head:
I don't think I began writing poetry out of a desire to talk to someone, to send (one could say) a love poem to either a specific or general you, but out of the recognition that there was no one to talk to.

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders