Awesome!

Before I could even get around to putting up my annual post about the Strange Horizons fund drive, John and Kristine Scalzi made a wonderful offer of matching donations up to a total of $500. John's announcement rounded up so much interest that in 27 hours the fund drive exceeded its goal of raising $7000 for the month.

As someone who benefits directly from people's donations (yeah yeah, I know, I should be paying them to publish my stuff, but what can I say?) and who reads SH pretty darn faithfully, I'm tremendously grateful for the support shown to the site.

And perhaps we should give Scalzi another Hugo Award -- this time for Best Related Act of Generosity.

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders