We lost about $130,000—actual earnings that were simply erased. Due to the intricacies of the settlement, the real hurt didn't hit right away, but it's hitting now. Like most small publishers, our business is basically a break-even proposition in the best of times, so there's really no way to absorb a loss that big.To try to make up for the loss, this week they are holding a sale and auction, which means you can get great stuff at reduced prices, and some rare and unique items are also available. If I may suggest a few things...
At the auction:
- An original Tony Millionare drawing of Nosferatu and a woman with an AR-15/M-16 rifle
- An original drawing by David Byrne
- Original proofs of McSweeney's 13 signed by Chris Ware
From the store:
- The book release club: get the next 10 McSweeney's books for $95
- Here They Come by Yannick Murphy (LBC nominee and Mumpsimus Award Winner!)
- What is the What by Dave Eggers
- Everything that Rises by Lawrence Weschler
- Two books by Stephen Dixon for $11!
- Your Disgusting Head by Dr. & Mr. Doris Haggis-on-Whey