Returning

It's probably going to take me a couple weeks to get back up to some sort of speed, but I am more or less ready now to get back in the saddle of the blogmonster. The reasons for my absence are many, but the primary one is that my father died suddenly on December 21. What I'm comfortable saying about it publicly, I did in my latest Strange Horizons column -- I wasn't entirely sure it was the right venue to write about something so personal, but I also wasn't able to write about anything else at the time the column was due.

I still feel very out of sorts, and am behind in absolutely everything, especially email. I haven't checked my mumpsimus at gmail account since putting everything on hold here, and I expect there are thousands of messages to sort through. Please bear with me.

I'll be at the last days of the AWP Conference in Manhattan at the end of the week, mostly at the Prime/Wildside/Best American Fantasy table (where there will be an author signing at 2.30pm on Friday, I believe). I'll do my best to collect lots of salacious gossip and, as always, will share the obviously untrue bits with you.

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders