- The latest issue of SF Site has been posted and includes my review of The Brief History of the Dead by Kevin Brockmeier.
- Jed Hartman explains infodumps and saves humanity.
- An interview with Jose Saramago. (via The Literary Saloon)
- Heinrich von Kleist: "On the Puppet Theatre".
- Franz Kafka on "Kleist's youthful letters".
- John Scalzi: "10 Things Teenage Writers Should Know About Writing".
- Unbridled Books is offering an $8 online subscription to a new novel by Marc Estrin, author of Insect Dreams: The Half Life of Gregor Samsa and The Education of Arnold Hitler. (For $15.95 you get the serialization plus a signed copy of the finished book.)
- Jonathan Strahan on Peter S. Beagle's new story, "Salt Wine". (Note: I'll have an interview with Beagle in the issue of Fantasy Magazine the story appears in.)
- Nathan Ballingrud: "A Brief Visit to New Orleans".
- "The Saigon of Marguerite Duras". (via Maud Newton)
- Edmund White on hedonism and pornography. (via Buzzwords)
- Ben Burgis has been accepted to the Clarion West Writers' Workshop for this summer, but he needs money to be able to go. If you're so inclined, you can send him some. (via Kameron Hurley)
01 May 2006
Things that are not here, but out there: