Libraries of the Dead!

I haven't used LibraryThing because I know if I started I would become obsessive and not stop, which means I'd spend all my waking hours cataloguing my books. So I never knew about some of the fun to be had with LibraryThing until I saw this great linkdump from Free Range Librarian with a link to ... are you ready......

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE['S BOOKS]

which is a group pulling together information on the personal libraries (some in progress, some complete) of various famous dead people. For instance: James Joyce, Karen Blixen, Danilo Kis, Sylvia Plath, Walker Percy, Ezra Pound, Robert E. Howard, and Tupac Shakur.

Alas, no Borges. Yet.

Popular posts from this blog

"Stone Animals" by Kelly Link

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

The Penny Poet of Portsmouth by Katherine Towler

Reflections on Samuel Delany's Dark Reflections

What Belongs to You by Garth Greenwell

"Loot" by Nadine Gordimer

The Snowtown Murders